Error Generating Data

(Sorry, thought this was going to search other questions).

I am using JIRA Data Generator. Ran "Generate Metadata" fine. Reindexed. Went to run Generate Data and received an error messaging directing me to check the JIRA log.

All the log has is:

2013-06-13 08:29:25,445 JiraTaskExectionThread-7 INFO vbrimmera 509x2156x1 qplcec 10.98.4.151 /secure/admin/JiraDataGenerator.jspa [datagenerator.db.jdbc.JdbcEntityHandler] Preparing statement: INSERT INTO jiraschema.OS_HISTORYSTEP (ID,ENTRY_ID,STEP_ID,ACTION_ID,OWNER,START_DATE,DUE_DATE,FINISH_DATE,STATUS,CALLER) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)
2013-06-13 08:29:25,445 JiraTaskExectionThread-7 INFO vbrimmera 509x2156x1 qplcec 10.98.4.151 /secure/admin/JiraDataGenerator.jspa [datagenerator.db.jdbc.JdbcEntityHandler] Preparing statement: INSERT INTO jiraschema.OS_CURRENTSTEP_PREV (ID,PREVIOUS_ID) VALUES (?,?)
2013-06-13 08:29:25,445 JiraTaskExectionThread-7 INFO vbrimmera 509x2156x1 qplcec 10.98.4.151 /secure/admin/JiraDataGenerator.jspa [datagenerator.db.jdbc.JdbcEntityHandler] Preparing statement: INSERT INTO jiraschema.OS_HISTORYSTEP_PREV (ID,PREVIOUS_ID) VALUES (?,?)
2013-06-13 08:29:25,445 JiraTaskExectionThread-7 INFO vbrimmera 509x2156x1 qplcec 10.98.4.151 /secure/admin/JiraDataGenerator.jspa [datagenerator.db.jdbc.JdbcEntityHandler] Preparing statement: INSERT INTO jiraschema.changegroup (ID,issueid,AUTHOR,CREATED) VALUES (?,?,?,?)
2013-06-13 08:29:25,445 JiraTaskExectionThread-7 INFO vbrimmera 509x2156x1 qplcec 10.98.4.151 /secure/admin/JiraDataGenerator.jspa [datagenerator.db.jdbc.JdbcEntityHandler] Preparing statement: INSERT INTO jiraschema.changeitem (ID,groupid,FIELDTYPE,FIELD,OLDVALUE,OLDSTRING,NEWVALUE,NEWSTRING) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)
2013-06-13 08:29:25,445 JiraTaskExectionThread-7 INFO vbrimmera 509x2156x1 qplcec 10.98.4.151 /secure/admin/JiraDataGenerator.jspa [datagenerator.db.jdbc.JdbcEntityHandler] Preparing statement: INSERT INTO jiraschema.jiraaction (ID,issueid,AUTHOR,actiontype,actionlevel,rolelevel,actionbody,CREATED,UPDATEAUTHOR,UPDATED,actionnum) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)
2013-06-13 08:29:25,445 JiraTaskExectionThread-7 INFO vbrimmera 509x2156x1 qplcec 10.98.4.151 /secure/admin/JiraDataGenerator.jspa [datagenerator.db.jdbc.JdbcEntityHandler] Preparing statement: INSERT INTO jiraschema.issuelink (ID,LINKTYPE,SOURCE,DESTINATION,SEQUENCE) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?)
2013-06-13 08:29:25,617 JiraTaskExectionThread-7 ERROR vbrimmera 509x2156x1 qplcec 10.98.4.151 /secure/admin/JiraDataGenerator.jspa [jira.plugins.datagenerator.DataGeneratorDriver] Error generating data
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.datagenerator.fields.ResolutionMutator.updateResolution(ResolutionMutator.java:80)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.datagenerator.workflow.UpdateIssueFieldFunctionEmulator.emulate(UpdateIssueFieldFunctionEmulator.java:43)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.datagenerator.workflow.WorkflowPostFunctionEmulator.emulatePostFunction(WorkflowPostFunctionEmulator.java:56)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.datagenerator.workflow.WorkflowPostFunctionEmulator.emulatePostFunctions(WorkflowPostFunctionEmulator.java:43)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.datagenerator.IssueWorkflowDriver.randomAction(IssueWorkflowDriver.java:131)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.datagenerator.CreateIssuesDriver.createIssue(CreateIssuesDriver.java:188)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.datagenerator.CreateIssuesDriver.generate(CreateIssuesDriver.java:131)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.datagenerator.IssueGenerator.generate(IssueGenerator.java:86)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.datagenerator.DataGeneratorDriver.generateData(DataGeneratorDriver.java:225)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.datagenerator.DataGeneratorDriver$3.call(DataGeneratorDriver.java:127)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugins.datagenerator.DataGeneratorDriver$3.call(DataGeneratorDriver.java:121)
at com.atlassian.jira.task.TaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(TaskManagerImpl.java:366)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager.runForTenant(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:61)
at com.atlassian.multitenant.juc.MultiTenantExecutors$WrappedRunnable.run(MultiTenantExecutors.java:160)
at com.atlassian.jira.task.ForkedThreadExecutor$ForkedRunnableDecorator.run(ForkedThreadExecutor.java:249)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

(which means nothing to me)

4 answers

1 accepted

Sorry, the above comment was meant to be an "answer".

0 vote

Your question is pretty similar - inconclusive.

What are you trying to do, why, what do you expect, and what is the error you are seeing?

Edited original question - my apologies. I had thought it was going to search the database before posting the question.

I did that a couple of times when Answers was released as well. These things happen :-)

0 vote

What version of JIRA? See if the plugin is compatible with your version?

JIRA 5.2.6

I just downloaded the plug in yesterday, Plug in Manager indicates it's 1.5 which is compatible.

Might be a bug then. Report on the issue tracker!

Okay, shot in the dark, I did a restore, then did the Generate Data and it works fine. Apparently something generated by the Generate Metadata process wasn't happy. I'm fine with running them separately (I may try to run Generate Metadata after Generate Data finishes, just for s&g's).

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Three tips for boosting your board's efficiency with Story Maps

Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...

835 views 2 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you