Epics not updating when cards are moved

Maree Milne June 23, 2013

We are running JIRA 6.0.1 and GreenHopper 6.2.2.2, when we drag stories between Epic columns the cards move, but the JIRA issues are not updated with the new Epic.

Has anyone else run into this and is there a workaround? We're interested in the plugin, but if it doesn't update the actual issues there isn't much point to it for us.

16 answers

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2014

would you please open story map, press f12 to open the console, than press f5 to reload the page, move one story to another epic and send me a screen shot of the console to see if there happens any errors.

Florian

0 votes
Sarah Baca October 17, 2014

I have JIRA Agile v6.4.0.9 and it is the server version. 

Sarah 

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2014

Hi Sarah,

this is fixed already. Can you please explain again what append with your Epics? Do you use a cloud or server version?

Florian

0 votes
Sarah Baca October 16, 2014

Hello, I have installed the 30-day trial and I am also having this same issue. Should this be fixed in the 30-day trial? 

Thank you,

Sarah 

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2014

Hi Hugh,

version v2.3.1 was published right now for on premise installations.

Cheers,

Florian

Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2014

issue and thread should be solved now, right?

Hugh Brown September 24, 2014

Just waiting for our sys ops team to do the upgrade.

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2014

an on premise version will be provided as well this week. please apologize the confusion!

Florian

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2014

Hi Hugh,

the update has been installed already and is available for all existing cloud customers without a new version within the market place. A public version will come after Atlassian summit.

are you still not able to move stories to epics?

cheers,

Florian

Hugh Brown September 14, 2014

Hi, We are not using the cloud version. We have version 6.2.3 installed. Hugh

0 votes
Hugh Brown September 9, 2014

Hi Florian,

Is there any update? I can't see a new version available yet.

Thanks,
Hugh

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 3, 2014

the final update will be performed this evening!

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 11, 2014

yes moving stories to epics is a key feature - but I fear it is currently not available..

This will be fixed within the next weeks and your evaluations will be extended indeed!

Hugh Brown September 3, 2014

Hi Florian,

Would you be able to provide an update? There doesn't appear to be a new server version of User Story Map since the last messages.

Could you please give and update and vonfirm when you think this issue will be resolved?

Thanks,

Hugh

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2014
Since last week some Jira agile services are not provided any more by Atlassian. The functionality to move stories from one epic to another is affected as well. The Atlassian guys promised to refactore the services by the end of the year! However we are going to provide a fix / workaround within August. Please apologize all inconveniences that may cause. Cheers, Florian
Hugh Brown August 6, 2014

Are you saying that the User Story Map plugin functionality to assign stories to epics does not work, and will not work until you provide a fix at some point in August?

I have been evaluating whether to buy licenses for this plugin, but assigning stories to epics is a key feature, so I will wait until this is fixed before making a decision.

If my free evaluation license expires before the fix is released, I will need it extended so that I can actually review the plugin properly.

0 votes
Hugh Brown August 3, 2014

I'm having a similar problem .....

My user story map displays correctly; if I use Jira Agile to assign stories to epics, then reload the story map, it shows the stories under the correct epic. However, if I move a story to a different epic within the story map plugin, it doesn't update the underlying record.

I have seen the "sucessfule update" message a couple of times, but it seems to be very intermittent. Even on the few occasions the message has displayed, it hasn't updated the underlying record.

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2014

Maybe there is a remaining custom field from an old greenhopper version called 'Epic' or 'Epic/Thema' try to delete or rename this fields than the new field epic link will be used (which is in sync with the new gh version).

Alex Tupikov January 21, 2014

It's works! Thanks are lot!

0 votes
Alex Tupikov January 20, 2014

I have same problem.

In my configuration Story links to Epic throw "Epic Link" field with "Epic Link Relationship" type.

Please help!

Atlassian JIRA v6.0.5#6102

Agile Project Management for JIRA 6.3.6.1

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2013

Hi Maree,

reasons I can imagine:

# your issue types are named different to 'Epic' and 'Story'

# if you use a non english installation, we have recognized that som GH custom fields are not named in english as described here: http://bauer-information-technology.com/storymap-jira-plugin-installation-howto/

# there are some mendatory fields configured at the issue type 'Story' like "Reporter is required.","assignee":"Issues must be assigned." or any other custom field

# do you use a custom workflow with you own (or different from the default) status types

# permissions -> but that is not the reason

=> do you have any deviations to a standard installation of JIRA and GH?

=> try to use another project - or do you have this behavior at any project?

so far..

Cheers,

Florian

Michal September 3, 2013

So then you only see issues on Story Map if they are of type "Story"? I noticed my "Improvement" and "Task" issues are not showing up on the Story Map.

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 23, 2013

Hi Maree,

a reason for your described behavior could be insufficient permissions. But in this case you should get an alert message. Did you get it?

you would need GH product owner permissions.

Maree Milne June 24, 2013

Hi Florian

Definitely not permissions, my group has permissions for everything in the scheme and I can change the epic via Greenhopper.

Cheers

Maree

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events