Epic sum up - consider only epics remaining

Marketa Dvorackova October 26, 2015

Hello,

I would like to ask if the EpicSumUp plugin is able to consider only the Epics remaining estimate and not the some of the remaining estimates on the issues bellow (stories, sub-tasks).

We need to be able to see on the Epic view a comparison of two values:

• the sum of all the time spent on all the issues below the epic,
  • vs. the remaining estimate of the epic itself ONLY (non consideration of the remaining estimates on the issues below) - calculated from remaining estimate of the epic - timespent on all the subissues.

Is it possible somehow or implementable as a new feature?

Thank you for the information.

1 answer

0 votes
Andreas Haaken _APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 26, 2015

Hi Marketa,

I will try to understand your use case:

Doi you want to see the original "remaining Time" of an Epic compared to the actual time spent in all issues below?

Well the remaining time is somewhat calculated on every level, so it is never independent from the values of the aggegated data. BUT: If you need something that might work as a "time Budget", you may define a field for your epic from Field type "Time Field" (shipped with the plugin) and then define a value, that may be used as a Budget marker at the time bar. So you visualize a Marker at the Progress bar to work against.

See this Image about the time budget: https://marketplace-cdn.atlassian.com/files/images/d5756c8e-7026-41a1-a952-6369f5e741c5.png

Does that help you?

Marketa Dvorackova October 28, 2015

Hi Andreas, I believe it is correct. Excuse me for playing with words, but to be absolutely accurate: I want to see the current Remaining Estimate of the epic compared to time spent in all issues below. I will try the approach you recommended, thank you. Just to be sure, this is just a visualization, the add-on doesn't in any way manipulate the data right?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events