Enhancer Plugin for JIRA price?

Martin Hynek June 5, 2016

Hello, when i've tried to find plugins via https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?application=jira&category=&cost=free&hosting=server&marketingLabel=&q=sla I've found EP, but on the details it says its not free, it means there's not correct info in search?

2 answers

2 votes
Dave Parrish _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2016

@Eli Bishop gives a good explanation for the current behavior - this has everything to do with the Enhancer Plugin previously having been free, and now being paid.

The Marketplace team discussed this today and agreed that it doesn't make sense to include paid-but-formerly-free add-ons in a search listing for "Free" add-ons. We've opened an improvement ticket to get this behavior changed:

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/AMKT-14499

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2016

The marketplace entry for it is incorrect - it should not show "free" on the search result.  I think that data is set by the add-on author's metadata for the add-on, and it seems they've forgotten to set the flag to say "pay by atlassian".

elibishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2016

No, that's not the case here. The add-on vendor has correctly flagged the current version (and most of the previous versions) as paid via Atlassian— which is why the detail page shows it that way. However, the add-on used to be free and the free versions still exist in its earlier version history. It's possible that the search logic is picking up one of those. The rules for whether it only looks at the current version or earlier versions are somewhat complicated, because we do need to support cases like "I want the Server version, even though the last 10 releases were for Cloud".

elibishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2016

I know we've seen cases before where the search results were confusing for basically the same reason— we've made various fixes but we may have broken it again with some other change. So I'm not sure whether there is already an open issue, but if not, we'll file one. Frankly I'm also not sure what the behavior should be; obviously the current results are not helpful, but we still do want to make it possible for someone to locate those earlier, free versions, since the vendor has chosen to have them still be available for people with older versions of JIRA (you can see on the version history page, it's everything prior to version 3.1.0 of the add-on... admittedly those are quite old, but the same situation would still apply if a vendor had made the switch to Paid more recently). So we'll need to make some design decisions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events