Email this issue send comments even when that Email option is not selected

Mikko Salama January 17, 2018

Hello,

generally I have had good experience with JETI and they fixed one real bug fast earlier when we send that to their support. But now I have issue where sending email through JETI sends comments when using the Default Email template and not selecting the "Add comments to outgoing email" through email options. It's some what annoying not to be able to disable the comments when sending emails to customers. Anyone else having this problem or knows how to turn the comments off?

I figured out workaround that I have two templates one with comments and one without comments and then using field to define the context with JQL. So the field can select do I send the comments or not. But this solution is not really optimal and some what difficult for other users to use. Any ideas? Thank you!

3 answers

0 votes
Mikko Salama February 7, 2018

So this is the solution if anyone else is interested:

Please sorround the rendering of comments with this #if statement in your template:

#if ($!emailDef.emailOptions.addComments)
#end

This will enable the check for the Add Comments option.

0 votes
Michael Podvinec February 6, 2018

I don't have an answer unfortunately, but I have just experienced the same behavior, which to me sounds like a bug - the checkbox to include/not include comments does NOT what it is intended to do. 

We often use Email This Issue to communicate with outside users, and we most certainly don't want to have our internal conversation included. I hope this gets fixed soon!

Mikko Salama February 7, 2018

I actually got answer from JETI support. They had just forgot this feature from default template. So I guess we see fix for this in near future.

0 votes
Mikko Salama January 29, 2018

Still fighting with this issue. I do not understand this in the documentation:

"JETI's default email template (called Default in the template editor) is prepared to render comments into the email body when the "Add comments to outgoing emails" options is enabled. However, if you develop your own custom email template from scratch or not based on Default, you'll have to add velocity template code to render the comments." 

I use the Default template and still it's send the comments regardless what option is selected, how is this possible?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events