Email templates and sequence

Stefan de Pagter January 29, 2016

Hi Antonella,

It is me again smile

Regarding the template approval notification that is send out:

• I can create my own customized approval email templates and that works fine. If an approval is need it will send out an email to the teams with the right template
  • If an RFC is approved, some strange email is send out which is not right and I cannot find it anywhere. Is this send out by the approval plugin and can we modify it?
    approved email.JPG

At the moment, for example if a ticket requires 7 approvals from 7 different groups, they are getting an email saying to approve. When an other group approves , I am also getting an email.. I am just wondering if this can be controlled? The one thing that people do not want is to get too many emails.. We just want to send email at the right time and not too many ... 

Thank you,

Stefan

2 answers

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter January 29, 2016

Dear Antonella,

Many thanks!! this is fixing my issue, I got many complaints from users that they are receiving to much spam smile.

Another question:

• Is it also possible to customize to whom the approval template emails are sent? Of course it needs to be send, but I can also imagine in some occasions this is not required. For example if you are working with dashboards and using your queries.
  • We have one approval that is generated for every change for one specific group "CAB" approval. It is good the template approval emails are send but in this case it is not required, with the reason that this CAB approval is always given after the CAB (Change Advisory Board) meeting every Wednesday. In this way the approval template email has no value.

Perhaps this functionality is already there, but I have not seen it. 

So the question would be: is it possible not to send an approval template email to a specific approval group?

Best Regards,

Stefan

Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2016

Hi Stefan,

Your requirement, consisting in 'not to send an approval template email to a specific approval group', is not a functionality already available in terms of a configuration making it procedural.

The way I see to setup/use the add-on to meet the requirement consists in:

• do not set the automatic approval request notification
    ARN.PNG 
  • do not notify the approval request massively 
    ApprovalRequest.PNG
  • notify the Approvals individually via the Send Request button

SendRequest.PNG

You can also customize the users enabled to send the approval request via the Request Approval Notification Administration in order to avoid that users not having knowledge of the process create spam.

Please let me know if the suggested options can meet your requirements already.

Best Regards,

Antonella

Stefan de Pagter February 4, 2016

Hi Antonella,

Thank you, for 2 transitions we are using your plugin and for one I have now disabled the ARN. That helps a lot. 

I was just wondering for the transition we are using ARN as I stated before, if for example for 1 group no ARN could be send out, in our case RFC-GTS. Some kind of exception..

Also the massive approval request option need to be disabled. In another topic you told me how to do this if I am correct.

Thanks again,

Stefan

Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2016

The active sprint includes the required features.
Add-on v. 3.6 (due date: February 19) will allow managing this setting.
In particular, you will be able selecting users, groups, project roles that do not want receiving an automatic and/or massive approval request notification.

Best Regards,
Antonella

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2016

Hi Stefan,

You can manage this setting via the Approval Reply Notification Administration screen.
Page https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/Approval+reply+notification+Administration details the topic.

If you desire not sending this notification, you need to apply the following configuration:

ApprovalNotification.PNG

This setting has no impact on the email notifying the Approval Request.

Yours sincerely,

Antonella

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events