Email results of a Custom Field

Bryan Romig October 5, 2017

I am using Automation for JIRA. I am emailing the results of a filter daily in order to fire off some simple automation. I am trying to extract the values of Customfield 11802. In the SEND EMAIL 'Content' section I've included the string: {{issue.customfield_11802}} This is returning the API URL in the body of the email sent to me. {self=https://jira.instance.com/rest/api/2/customFieldOption/15859, value=A FIELD VALUE, id=15859}

My custom field is a checkbox with 5 options, IDs: 15859, 15860, 15861, 15862, 15863. It is possible for multiple values to be selected. How do I format the SEND EMAIL 'Content' section to return the Custom Field IDs or Names?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2017

Hi Bryan,

Yes, you can iterate over multi-value fields.

So something like this would produce a space separated list of the names:

{{#issue.customfield_11802}}{{value}} {{/}}

See our "How do I work with lists?" section for more examples: https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AUTO4J/pages/27656216/Smart+Fields#SmartFields-HowdoIworkwithlists?lists

Cheers,

Andreas

Bryan Romig October 5, 2017

Excellent. Thanks so much! I added a comma and space to make it more readable: 

{{#issue.customfield_11802}}{{value}}, {{/}}
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2017

Yeah I wasn't 100% sure how you wanted to print it.

I think your syntax will produce a trailing comma. You can get rid of that with:

{{#issue.customfield_11802}}{{value}}{{^last}}, {{/}}{{/}}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events