Email notification + TTS

Alvaro Chandia June 10, 2014

Hi

I wonder if it is possible to generate a email notification when the time of SLA ends.

Is there a way to know when the time reaches zero at the database?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2014

Hi Alvaro,

There is a post function which notifies the overdue as an email. But this notification is only sent after transition happens.

For instance, if you set an SLA from "Open" to "In Progress" and whenever the issue has been set to "In Progress" and there is an overdue according to SLA, the post function will send an email notification.

However, if you want to get an email, before the transition happens, it needs some listener staff. Plugin needs to search all issues according to SLAs with a background task.

This will be a great improvement, and is not feasible according to performancem but I will work on it if you raise an issue

By the way, getting this from the database is really hard. You need to traverse all issue actions and compare the results with SLA definitions. Because there is no additional database table field that comes with plugin. All are calculated custom fields, in which the value is got from the issue actions.

Tuncay

Alvaro Chandia June 11, 2014

Hi Tuncay

Thank you very much for the reply, I'll raise an issue.

Alvaro.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events