Email handler for 10+ issue types

Ankit Patel January 12, 2018

Env: JIRA Software and JSD

Scenario: 
We want to automate issue creation via email (25 issue types)
I am looking to setup 1 email per issue type so the issue is created with correct issue type. 

Expected behavior:

• An email is sent to xyz email and issue type 1 is created.
  • an email is sent to nhm email and issue type nhm 2 is created.

I looked up a few email handlers and came across JEMH, and want to confirm with the current users if this would be possible? 

Another Idea, I wanted feedback on is: 

Within service desk there is an email handler, can I create aliases (per issue type) under that email and have them route to different request types ?(i can configure automation in JSD to set issue type based on request type) 

when an alias'ed email is sent to jira, can jira recognize that alias? 

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Harrison _The Plugin People_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2018

Hello,

Mike from The Plugin People here. Regarding your question about JEMH - yes, you can configure it to set a different issue type (or JSD customer request type) depending on the recipient address.

This is done by using a Domain Rule, which is used to direct an incoming email to a project while setting issue attributes such as issue type.

If you require further assistance configuring JEMH, please raise a support request.

Thanks,

Mike

Ankit Patel January 18, 2018

Mike, I was able to install JEMH and setup the mail handler correctly, an issue I am facing right now is that the service desk field "Due Date" and SLAs are not populated on issue creation, can you help?

see my question here- https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/JEMH-and-Service-desk-SLA-Fields/qaq-p/707434

Thanks
Ankit

Deleted user January 19, 2018

Hi Ankit,

I have just run a simple test with the default JSD SLA configuration and a basic JEMH profile configured to create issues in a JSD project, I found that the configured SLA's applied during issue creation as we would expect.

To diagnose this further we will require more information from you, please create an issue via our vendor Jira where we can progress this for you: The Plugin People - Jira

Once we have some more information from you we can attempt to replicate the behaviour you are seeing.

Kind Regards,

Reece @ The Plugin People

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events