Email box configuration

Stefan de Pagter January 22, 2016

Hi Antonella,

To enable the email functionality to approve/reject tickets we need to set up a new email box. That is what we did. The only thing is that I could not find information/documentation how to configure this in JIRA to make this work.

1. An approval email is sent.
  2. Reply back with @Approved or @Rejected 
  3. Ticket will get updated. 

What do we need to configure to make this work?

Many thanks,

Stefan

2 answers

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter January 28, 2016

Mailboxsetup.jpg

Hi Antonella, 

We got the mailbox set up and now if an approval is required it will send it from that mail box .. However when I reply with ("@Approved") and nothing happens. Are we doing something wrong?

I got some feedback from my JIRA admin:

" Wasn’t too sure on step 5 mentioned on  https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/HAP+-+Mail+System+Configuration . I think this is when an email fails top be processed and so it forwards it to this address. Please can you check this with the vendor as the documentation isn’t clear. Currently I’ve set this to my email address."

Many thanks Stefan

Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016

It's required that you always apply the tag @ to end your reply.

E.g.

@APPROVED  an optional comment @

@APPROVED @

@APPROVED @ 

also doesn't work. Will do a check with my JIRA admins.

Thank you,

Stefan

Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016

Should I be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you smile

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2016

Page https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/HAP+-+Mail+System+Configuration details the topic.

Take care to apply, for the settings mentioned on the linked documentation, an email account not associated to any required approver because, in order to allow the mail handler processing the emails, the emails incoming to this mailbox must not be opened.

Best Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events