Email This Issue postfunction isn't adding attachment to email (in workflow which already does this)

Andy Keyworth March 9, 2018

We have a workflow that already adds attachments to emails by means of the post-function: every time the transition is engaged, the user can add attachments to both the email and to the ticket. It uses an Email This Issue post-function, which has the setting “Add attachments to email” set to “Attached in transition”.

I was asked to make the same thing happen at two other points in the workflow: add attachments to both the ticket and to emails. But every time I tried adding the same post-function, with the same settings, the attachment doesn’t get added to the email; it DOES get added to the ticket, but not to the email.

I’ve looked at the source documentation, the ETI settings AND the email templates. I had our IT team see if the attachment is even being added or if it’s being removed for security reasons. The two post-functions (existing and new) look identical. I can’t figure out why the attachment isn’t being added to the email, though it does make it into the ticket.

JIRA: v7.0.10

ETI: 7.0.22 

2 answers

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 16, 2018

Yes, I meant JETI

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 9, 2018

Hi Andy,

I'm Tibor from ETI vendor META-INF.

Can you please share here a screenshot of the post function parameters where it does not work? Is the workflow draft published? Is the post function moved down the list of functions to the end?

THank you,

Tibor

Andy Keyworth March 12, 2018

Hi Tibor,

Thanks for your quick response, and sorry for the delay in responding.

I'm including four screenshots below, all from the same workflow: two show the "Reject QA" transition, which I made by copying the settings of the transition below but does not work; and two show the settings of the "Email Electronic Copies" transition, which works and successfully sends an email with attachments.

Thank you in advance for any advice,

Andy

FAIL_WorkflowTransition1.jpgFAIL_WorkflowTransition2.jpgWORKING_WorkflowTransition1.jpgWORKING_WorkflowTransition2.jpg

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
March 13, 2018

Hi Andy,

from the screenshots, we cannot see a meaningful difference between the transitions.

Can you please test the transition with sending ALL attachments? Are the attachments sent in this case?

Is the Attachment field on the transition screen? 

Can you see the list of attachments in the Email log after the transition is executed? Just open the Emails tab in the issue, find the email and expand to see the details.

Regards, 

Tibor

Andy Keyworth March 13, 2018

Hi Tibor,

Yes, the Attachments field is on the transition screen. I tried adding the field before I made the workflow change, then when that didn't work I undid everything, made the change to the workflow first, THEN added the field. That didn't produce any different behaviour.

But, when I followed your suggestion to add ALL attachments, it worked for the first time. I received an email with ALL attachments in the ticket. That's not perfect, but it is something. Any further suggestions?

Andy Keyworth March 16, 2018

Hi Tibor,

I haven't heard anything in a couple of days. Are there any other ideas for how we can rectify this situation? Why would it be possible to add ALL attachments, but not the specific ones we want to attach, using the same post-function?

Thanks,

Andy

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
March 16, 2018

Hi Andy,

To be honest, I'm stuck with this. Any signs of error in the logs?

Don't you use addons like Smart Attachments in the transition screen?

I can see from the screenshots that you are not using the latest version of the addon.

Would it be possible to update?

We had issues with the changing Jira api and we had to adjust JETI. I got confused that you wrote the other transition works.

I recommend you update and test again.

Thank you,

Tibor

Hi Tibor,

Actually, we do use Smart Attachments. I haven't sent an image of our transition screen, but it uses the same attachment field, on both the working and the non-working transitions. I don't see any difference between them, or any other obvious setting that needs to be changed.

Your point about the add-on being updated is valid. I will see if our IT department can upgrade the add-on, which will at this point mean buying a new license.

Andy

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
March 16, 2018

Andy, feel free to use a trial key to verify the fix and purchase the renewal if it does work. You can downgrade anytime.

If using Smart Attachment, please note, that jeti cannot identify uploaded attachments during the transition.

Tibor

Just checking- we're talking about renewing JETI, not Smart Attachments, right?

Anton Shevtsov December 24, 2023

Hi @Andy Keyworth , @Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_ . Sorry for necroposting, but have you found a solution? I have similar problem. I have two workflows and both have JETI postfunction which sends attachments, added on transition. On one workflow works well, but on another JETI sends email without attachments IF user adds attachment on view issue screen before performing transition. If attachment is added on Edit screen, all works well. Can you please suggest something which can help to fix the problem. My environment is: Jira data center 9.5.0, JETI - the latest version.

Thank you in advance

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events