Editing subversion commits made to Jira

l May 21, 2013

While doing subversion commit to Jira, wrongly typed the issue key. So now the commit made is appearing in wrong issue key. How to edit the commit already made to change the jira issue key,so as to link to the correct jira issue.

3 answers

2 votes
Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2013

Timothy's link to Stackoverflow gives the info on how to change the SVN commit message.

However, the normal SVN plugin re-index will not pick up the change in the commit messages. This is a long-standing bug that is logged as SVN-59:

JIRA doesn't pick up changes in edited logs

As described in the linked issue, the workaround is to:

...periodically delete the Subversion indexes, and let the update service recreate them.

ie: the entire contents of:

/usr/local/jira/indexes/plugins/atlassian-subversion-revisions

On my system I handle this deletion via a daily cron & it works fine... but it means that the changes to commit logs are never visible within JIRA until the next day.

2 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

This has nothing to do with the plugin.

You edit the SVN commit message itself and reindex JIRA to pickup the change.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/304383/how-do-i-edit-a-log-message-that-i-already-committed-in-subversion

1 vote
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2013

Subversion plus:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/pbeltranl.subversion.jira.pbeltranl-jira-subversion-plugin

supports it without deleteing the indexed data.

Open the database console and insert the issue key and the revison number in the CACHE.KEYS table and it will be immediatelly displayed on JIRA. You can also run a batch process to do that.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events