Editing subversion commits made to Jira

While doing subversion commit to Jira, wrongly typed the issue key. So now the commit made is appearing in wrong issue key. How to edit the commit already made to change the jira issue key,so as to link to the correct jira issue.

3 answers

2 votes
Timothy Chin Community Champion May 21, 2013

This has nothing to do with the plugin.

You edit the SVN commit message itself and reindex JIRA to pickup the change.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/304383/how-do-i-edit-a-log-message-that-i-already-committed-in-subversion

Timothy's link to Stackoverflow gives the info on how to change the SVN commit message.

However, the normal SVN plugin re-index will not pick up the change in the commit messages. This is a long-standing bug that is logged as SVN-59:

JIRA doesn't pick up changes in edited logs

As described in the linked issue, the workaround is to:

...periodically delete the Subversion indexes, and let the update service recreate them.

ie: the entire contents of:

/usr/local/jira/indexes/plugins/atlassian-subversion-revisions

On my system I handle this deletion via a daily cron & it works fine... but it means that the changes to commit logs are never visible within JIRA until the next day.

Subversion plus:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/pbeltranl.subversion.jira.pbeltranl-jira-subversion-plugin

supports it without deleteing the indexed data.

Open the database console and insert the issue key and the revison number in the CACHE.KEYS table and it will be immediatelly displayed on JIRA. You can also run a batch process to do that.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Calling all developers––You're invited to Atlas Camp 2018

Atlas Camp   is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain  from the 6th -7th of   September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...

359 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you