Edit validation using Script Runner

Ilai Bar-David October 23, 2017

Hi, 

I'm trying to create a validation that will be executed during an edit of an issue and not just upon creation.

I saw that you can create a custom Script Listener using Script runner but couldn't find how you call the existing validator or create a new one.

The use case is basically enforcing an input in a specific field (comment for example) only if a value in another field is Yes (Customer Impact for example)

1 answer

0 votes
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2017

Hi Ilai Bar-David,

I think you should use a ScriptRunner behaviour for this. Behaviours function on the Create Issue, Update/Edit Issue, Assign Issue, and Workflow Transition screens. However, I think you can just restrict it to the Edit screen only if desired.

For instance, you could write a behaviour attached to specific field that forces that field to be required if "Customer Impact" value is "Yes". The user won't be able to submit the Edit until they enter input into the specific field. You can even display an error message next to the field telling the user that they need to enter input.

Does that sound like what you want?

Regards,

Josh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events