EazyBI on test environment (Database connection)

Hey

We are currently trying out EazyBI. Great plugin.

I have one problem though. We have a test environment, thats restored with a nightly backup of the production database. As far as I can see, the EazyBI connectionstring, is stored as a property in the jira db.

within my DB restore script im changing this connectionstring, but somehow this dosen't effect EazyBI Plugin.

Have anyone tried this, and know how to setup EazyBI to work within a test environment?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

eazyBI database connection parameters are stored in JIRA application properties using eazybi.database key. You can find stored values in JIRA database using SQL query (but as I understand you already found it):

select id, propertyvalue
from propertystring
where id = (select id from propertyentry where property_key='eazybi.database')

eazyBI is reading this conneciton string on plugin startup so if you change the value you should disable/enable the plugin.

But these properties are accessed using JIRA Java API (https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/SAL+Services#SALServices-PluginSettings) and I am not quite sure if and how JIRA caches this information. So probably it is also necessary to restart JIRA if you change these properties directly in the database to ensure that value is not cached in memory.

Hi Mikkel,

While wating for the answers here, on the other side I will recommend you also try to contact the plugin vendor/support at the same time. I believe that they can give you a better explanation. Here is the vendor contact details:

You can also try to read through the plugin setup doc:

https://eazybi.com/help/jira-plugin-setup

Regards

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Oct 31, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Marketplace Spotlight: Zephyr

Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...

332 views 0 1
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you