EazyBI - average time in several statuses

martin_krivanek September 12, 2017

We have several statuses - lets say "discovery", "in execution". And I would like to compute average time which issues stays in both statuses.

Example:

Issue1: Discovery 5, in execution 10 = in total 15 days

Issue2: Discovery 10, in execution 15 = in total 25 days

Average I am looking for should be 20 days.

But I so far I have been able to compute using "Average working days in transition status" measure is average in Discovery (7.5) and In Execution (12.5). And if I use aggregate on those two statuses, I get average of all the time spent in statuses (which is 10).

Can you help me please? Many thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Zane eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2017

Hi Martin,

Measure "Average working days in transition status" returns average value of all data set - for each issue time spent in each transition status.
In your case, you may define a new calculated measure based on the measure "Average days in transition status." You may get aggregated time in both transition statues for each issue and then calculate the average from aggregated transition time.
Your formula may look like this:

Avg(
  Filter(
    -- iterates through all issues which has spent time in any of both statuses
    Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember, [Issue].[Issue]),
    Aggregate({
      [Transition Status].[discovery],
      [Transition Status].[in execution]},
      [Measures].[Days in transition status]) > 0),
  --calculates average from time in both statuses
  Aggregate({
    [Transition Status].[discovery],
    [Transition Status].[in execution]},
    [Measures].[Days in transition status])
)

This is a general approach to get average days in several transition statuses and could be time-consuming as it iterates through all issues. You may optimize this formula by adding additional criteria to the Filter() to reduce data set. Feel free to contact eazyBI support for more detailed assistance then.

Regards,
Zane / support@eazybi.com

0 votes
Maitrey Patel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2018

@Zane eazyBI Support, How do I sum a total of two statues transition time? I have created a calculated member of status.

Maitrey Patel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2018

@Zane eazyBI Support, any update on this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events