EazyBI: Sub-task resolved is empty for any user

Chris Ma September 20, 2017

Hi,

I am trying to create a report to show the number of sub-tasks resolved in every of previous sprints by users.

I have confirmed for User A, he has resolved 10 sub-tasks in Sprint X. However, in the report I created, the measure - "Sub-task resolved" is empty.

I have this User A in the row, and Sprint X in the column.

Can anyone help what it's happening? The "hours spent" do have numbers which seem to be correct. 

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2021

Hi Chris,

I would check that those subtasks have the resolution set.  If it's not set, even when it's done in a sprint, the subtasks won't count as resolved.  

Regards

Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2021

Hi Chris

The suggestion by Fabian is one point of interest. The other is the sub-task parent. Sub-tasks are not added to Sprints on their own. Instead, they move around together with their parent. Was the sub-task parent resolved within the scope of the Sprint?

Suppose it was resolved after completion of the Sprint. In that case, the sub-tasks, together with the parent, could be found under the Sprint dimension "(no sprint)" member or in another Sprint, if moved.

I recommend using the Sprint scope measures instead. For example, try the measure "Sprint issues completed". Suppose you want to see only sub-tasks. In that case, you can add the Issue Type dimension to the report pages and select "Sub-task".
Another option is creating a calculated measure with the formula below:

(
  [Measures].[Sprint issues completed],
  [Issue Type].[Sub-task]
)

See more details on Sprint scope measures on the eazyBI documentation page - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/data-import/data-from-jira/jira-software-custom-fields#JiraSoftwarecustomfields-Sprintscopemeasures . On the same documentation page, you can find how other measures work with Sprints.

Best,

Roberts // support@eazybi.com 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events