EazyBI - Calculated member for hours spent on specific set of Issue Keys

douglas zhande January 9, 2018

Hello 

I how do i create a calculated member which sums all hours spent on specific Issue Key or a group of Issue Keys 

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
sanjay May 13, 2021

Can we add work log or time spend of specific issues on subtask containing some issue summary keywords?

Janis Plume _eazyBI_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2021

Hi,

There are a couple of discussions on a similar topic in the eazyBI community:
https://community.eazybi.com/t/create-a-new-calculated-member-which-searches-for-jira-issue-summaries/1620
The post explains how to create an aggregated member in the Issue dimension using the pattern of the issue summary. The approach mentioned should work for not too large data accounts, and it is possible to make it more optimal using the Javascript calculated custom field:
https://community.eazybi.com/t/filter-open-issue-by-summary/6046

Kindly,

Janis, eazyBI support

Like sanjay likes this
0 votes
C
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2018

You can create a Calculated member: 

Cache(SUM(
{PreviousPeriods([Time].CurrentHierarchyMember),
[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember},
[Measures].[Hours spent]
))

you can have other filters or calculated members that can filter down.   do you have example of a report?   

Christina Kraiss August 14, 2018

Hi, I am wondering how I cam sum hours on a monthly basis (with fixed start date Aug 01 2018 to Aug 30 2018) as a calculated member in eazyBI?

Thanks in advance

Daina Tupule eazyBI
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2018

The best way is using Time month selection on Pages. However, if you do not want to use Pages selection and would like to address a particular Time member in a calculation, you can use tuples.

Here is an example, how to address August'2018 in a tuple:

([Measures].[Hours spent],
[Time].[Month].DateMember('01 AUG 2018'))

The tuple above will retrieve you hours spent for August (Aug 01 2018 to Aug 30 2018)

You can address periods more dynamically as well. Here is an example of how to retrieve hours spent of previous month:

([Measures].[Hours spent],
[Time].[Month].CurrentDateMember.PrevMember)

Daina / support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events