Eazy BI - How to merge between two csv files which have the same column name.

Marija Ušakova April 19, 2018

Hi @eazyBI Support

I have a situation where I have the same column (users)in two separate CSV files added in source files tab. But when I try to select users the dimension as a row it won't show all the users present in these 2 different CSV files. 

@Zane eazyBI Supportplease! can you tell me what to do here. Appreciate your input.

I even tried to rename user1 in one CSV file and user2 in second CSV file the dimension name but not helpful.

Aggregate(
[User2].[Members],
[User1].[Members]
)

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marija Ušakova April 20, 2018

@Zane eazyBI Support I would like to seek some understanding on why i cannot see the combined data present in the two different csv files with the same 'column name' between these two files. Please let me have any calculated filter if needed. As always Thank you.

0 votes
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2018

Hi Marija,

When you first create the User dimension eazyBI will add the users it can find in the first file. When you import the second CSV, you can use the same User dimension - the users that are already present from the first time will not be added again, but new users will be appended to the User dimension.

What users from the User dimension are displayed for the particular report also depends on the report context. I believe we started the conversation directly with you through eazyBI support e-mail. Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this.

Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events