Duplicates Insight - EazyBI

Micha March 17, 2018

Hi all,

I am using both Insight and EazyBI. The source data in EazyBI is from Insight. I have the following problem.

Let's say I have 10 objects under 1 object type in Insight. Only the data in the attributes within that object type can change over time. So, I want EazyBI to import this data regularly. When I do this, EazyBI doesn't recognize the same objects but makes more copies in my properties. So it will make another 10 objects when it will import the same objects again. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance! 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daina Tupule eazyBI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2018

Hi Micha,

eazyBI should represent Insight objects as they are reflected in Insight. We identify objects as unique by object key. If Insight object at some point changes a key, we will create a new object in eazyBI for it.

We also import Insight object attributes changes. However, they should not lead to new object creation in eazyBI. You can see changes in attributes by change type, a person who made changes, by attribute name.

We would need more details about your Insight configuration to address the case better. Could you send more details about your Insight objects and how data are imported into eazyBI to support@eazybi.com?

Daina / support@eazybi.com

Micha April 4, 2018

Thank you Daina,

The KEY's were changed. That was the issue.

0 votes
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2018

Hi Micha,

I do not know how EazyBI works, so I hope that someone from their support can give you more detailed help. But what I know from how our own imports works is that there must be something that uniquely identifies an objects, and I wonder what is used for the import into EazyBi. Are you setting some kind of identifier for the import?

And as I understand from the description, the problem is that you get duplicated objects in EazyBI, not in Insight? If that is the case and you don't get any response, I would recommend you to get in contact with their support directly.

Cheers!
Alexander

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events