Dropdown box of filter select is empty

After updating to JIRA 5.1.1 dropdown box with filter entries contains no text. Filters are working, entries are existing but the filter names aren't visible.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

It can be error in Velocity Macro, which renders this dropdown. Possible, vm rely to wrong velocity parameter (like instead of "$filterName" it should use "$filterNameNew"). Velocity renders it as empty string with error in log (usually). As it works, internal ID in form's HTML is rendered correctly, but text for item is not shown the same time.

Aslo, it can be problem in Java-code, which provide data for vm file (a map of data).

Too few information to understand, which code contains a problem. Can you post screenshot of it?

I don't know if there's much more information available with that screenshot. Anyway, if I select the drop down box, I see, that there are entries, but the given filter names don't appear.

Looks like a bug in Gadget's code. There are several bugs in JIRA's bugtracker about problems with this gadget and strings with underscore, slash and other symbols (in user names/logins, project codes, etc).

Please, check your filters. If it doesn't contain any suspicious symbols in any part of it, you should create a bug in https://jira.atlassian.com

I see from the Marketplace listing that the issue tracker for this plugin is in Bitbucket. An issue was logged for the empty dropdown box problem just a few days after this question was posted:

Dropdown box is empty after 5.1.1 upgrade

I really liked this plugin. What a pity that there's still no fix for the defect.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,330 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you