Dropdown box of filter select is empty

Stephan Lausterer July 29, 2012

After updating to JIRA 5.1.1 dropdown box with filter entries contains no text. Filters are working, entries are existing but the filter names aren't visible.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Denis Yaparov July 29, 2012

It can be error in Velocity Macro, which renders this dropdown. Possible, vm rely to wrong velocity parameter (like instead of "$filterName" it should use "$filterNameNew"). Velocity renders it as empty string with error in log (usually). As it works, internal ID in form's HTML is rendered correctly, but text for item is not shown the same time.

Aslo, it can be problem in Java-code, which provide data for vm file (a map of data).

Too few information to understand, which code contains a problem. Can you post screenshot of it?

Stephan Lausterer July 29, 2012

I don't know if there's much more information available with that screenshot. Anyway, if I select the drop down box, I see, that there are entries, but the given filter names don't appear.

Denis Yaparov August 2, 2012

Looks like a bug in Gadget's code. There are several bugs in JIRA's bugtracker about problems with this gadget and strings with underscore, slash and other symbols (in user names/logins, project codes, etc).

Please, check your filters. If it doesn't contain any suspicious symbols in any part of it, you should create a bug in https://jira.atlassian.com

Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2012

I see from the Marketplace listing that the issue tracker for this plugin is in Bitbucket. An issue was logged for the empty dropdown box problem just a few days after this question was posted:

Dropdown box is empty after 5.1.1 upgrade

I really liked this plugin. What a pity that there's still no fix for the defect.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events