Does the Midori archiving plugin age and archive Confluence Questions?

We have a large existing Confluence instance and are adding Confluence Questions.  We'd like to install the Midori Archiving plugin to handle aging and archiving both of wiki pages and of questions.  But we haven't been able to confirm that Midori handles Questions content as well as wiki page.  

Thanks!

Sami Moran

sami.moran@rackspace.com

1 answer

Hi Sami!

(I already answered this through the Midori support desk, but I copying the answer here, too.)

Confluence Questions introduces new content types "questions" and "answers", while the Archiving Plugin primarily works on the "page" content type. There is no special reason why the former ones are unsupported, it is just simply that Questions is a relatively new product, and - before yours - there was no real interest among Archiving Plugin users to support it. Nevertheless your request absolutely makes sense, questions can become outdated by time, just like pages...

I created a public feature request for this. Please vote for the feature request here, this is important: https://midori.zendesk.com/entries/84584517-Archiving-for-Confluence-Questions-and-Answers-

We regularly go through the most requested features. If they gather enough votes from the user community, we will most definitely implement them.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Apr 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Learn about how Stefan K. built one of the *first ever* Marketplace apps

In this post you will discover more about the evolution of K15t software, some big topics they're currently focusing on in the app space, and a rare (not not funny!) photo of founders Mike Cannon-Bro...

12,593 views 11 24
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you