Does confluence chat enable on all pages?

Liesa Pugsley September 21, 2014

I've installed the confluence chat add-on and I've noticed that the chat bubble only appears on certain pages.  Is this correct or do I have to adjust some configuration item?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Liesa Pugsley September 24, 2014

Thank you so much for your help.  After your comments, I've done some research and noticed that a bug was logged yesterday for chat with refinedwiki theme.  Here is the link:

https://refinedwiki.atlassian.net/browse/RWOT-671?jql=text%20~%20%22chat%22

I am only evaluating the theme at the moment but if this is not resolved, I think we will need to select another plugin.

Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014

Glad I was able to help you to find the answer :).

2 votes
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2014

Hey Liesa,

As long the "Allow All" check box under the Chat Access is marked, you should be able to see the chat icon in all spaces:

Confluence Admin > Chat Configuration (in the left panel):

img.PNG

If that check box is not marked then, click on Confluence Admin "Chat Space Setting" and validate if you did not marked any restrictions to specific groups on those spaces that aren't showing the popup.

Thanks and Regards,
David|Confluence Support Engineer
Liesa Pugsley September 22, 2014

I have the above settings without any overriding restrictions on the spaces. I've noticed that chat is available from my profile but not from any of the other spaces. I've tried different browsers but that doesn't seem to be the problem either.

Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2014

By any chances you have a theme plugin or custom template in those spaces that the plugin does not show up? Also let me know what happens if you use the internal Confluence administration account, if feasible.

Liesa Pugsley September 23, 2014

Yes, I am using RefinedWiki theme and I have customised the space layout on all of my spaces. So that is probably why the chat is working under the profile dashboard as that has not been customised. If I use the admin account, I get the same behaviour as my users. What can I do to try to get the chat link back?

Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 23, 2014

That depends, if removing the customizations solve the problem you would need to adjust your customizations, now if the problems lies on the redefined wiki you would need to send they a email asking for some advise on how to proceed. It's kind of a pain when you get that kind of problem since it's a grey zone on who you should reach for help :(.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events