Does any of the JIRA cloud offerings provide a provision to create and maintain a custom SQL table?

Hilal H Muhammed July 10, 2017

I am trying to migrate an on premise JIRA (server) to cloud. Currently it displays data on custom fields after fetching it from SQL tables using nFeed plugin. I understand that nFeed doesn't have a connect implementation yet and is not compatible with cloud. Are there any other plugins that can help me to achieve the same functionality. Any alternate approaches are also welcome (e.g. Cloud add-ons that can hold values and is configurable from UI to populate the custom fields..)

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2017

Hi Hilal,

The primary issue you're going to run into is that the database for Cloud is not accessible to end user per the Restricted functions in Atlassian Cloud apps and the Restricted functions in JIRA Cloud applications knowledge base articles:

• Direct access to the database — Not allowed.
  • Direct database change — Not supported by Atlassian.

Cheers,

Branden

Christophe Promé November 3, 2017

Hello Hilal,

I work for Valiantys - the company behind nFeed - as a Product Manager.

Indeed, nFeed is not available for Jira Cloud... yet, but we are thinking about it.

We have a dedicated issue here: https://valiantys.atlassian.net/browse/NFEED-2048

If you are interested by nFeed Cloud, could you please vote & watch this issue?

I am also interested by your use cases and the usage you have of nFeed, if you could give me some insights by posted a comment that would be really helpful. 

Cheers

Christophe

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events