Does Zephyr support Appium?

NGUYEN Viet January 7, 2015

I see Zephyr has SeleniumZephyrInterceptor class in Zephyr.zip that is a Plugin for ZBot. I search around and find no where Zephyr talk about Mobile Automation test. So does Zephyr support Mobile automation testing? Especially with Appium?

2 answers

0 votes
NGUYEN Viet March 4, 2015

Hello Sanjay,

I developed myself a ZIP plugin for Appium to integrate with Zbot.

It worked well.

Thank you.

Srinivasan Balasubramanian March 22, 2018

Can you please share the details of the plugin to integrate Appium for running tests and generating results?

0 votes
Sanjay Zalavadia March 1, 2015

Hello Viet,

First, let's clarify which Zephyr product you're referencing. 

• Zephyr Enterprise/Community Edition:  This is a comprehensive Test Management solution with tight integrations with JIRA, Agile, and Confluence.  
  • Zephyr for JIRA Server: This is an add-on to the JIRA Server/DataCenter platform and allows for essential test management inside of JIRA.

Zephyr Enterprise utilizes Zbot/ZIPs to allow Zephyr users to launch a script in any automation framework and update test results in Zephyr.  As long as the automation framework allows for the launch of scripts via the command line, you can utilize the Zbots towards an integration.  This product also comes with a set of SOAP and REST APIs so you also have the option of running your automation independently of Zephyr then pushing the results to Zephyr via these APIs.  I'm no familiar with Appium but if it allows the launch of tests via a command line you could use the Zbots.  If not, you still have the second option for integration.

Zephyr for JIRA Server does not have Zbot-like functionality; in other words, this solution does not allow users to launch scripts.  But, Zephyr for JIRA Server does have another add-on (ZAPI ~ also downloadable from the marketplace) which enables REST APIs for Zephyr for JIRA Server.  So, here too, you can push automation results to Zephyr for JIRA Server via these APIs.

You may have looked at this page but just in case, listing it here .... Developer Zone.  This page has quite a bit of information about the various automation integration options listed above.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sanjay

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events