Does Work Time Calendar provide an easy to use API to extract Worklogs?

Deleted user June 27, 2018

The Jira REST API to extract Worklogs is rather cumbersome. Some timesheeting plugins therefore provide an API endpoint for easy Worklog extraction.

Does Work Time Calendar provide such an easy to use API to extract Worklogs?

BTW: My specific use cases are:

- Extract Worklog weekly for a specific group of users

- Extract Worklog weekly for all children of a specific set of initiatives (or Epics).

This in a Jira instance with many projects not relevant to me.

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user September 7, 2018

@Former userI suppose you know if Work Time Calendar has such an API or if one is planned.

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2018

Hi @[deleted],

With migration from atlassian answers to atlassian community we lost ability to watch tags for our add-ons so we did not see your questions.

Answering the original question:

There is no API to retrieve timesheets and unfortunately we do not plan to implement it. The explanation is that Work Time Calendar relies on Jira REST API and we do not see need and easy way to build our API over the Jira API.

Deleted user September 7, 2018

Hi @Volodymyr Krupach,

Thanks for the swift response!

The need, I tried to explain, the timesheet screen is exactly what I'd like to be able to query using an API... I could then automate it to feed into our financial system and analytics warehouse.

That is may be difficult to implement, I will not comment on as I am not familiar with plugin development :)

If you could keep it as a suggestion for future development that would be sweet. I understand I shouldn't hold my breath :)

So far, happy to use your plugin!

Jeroen Habets

Infinitas Learning

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2018

Hello @[deleted],

Thank you for your suggestion and I certainly agree that this functionality is desired. Moreover you are not the first to ask about the timesheets REST API.

The problem is that it's quite difficult to implement this with current architecture that we have in Work Time Calendar.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events