Does your Time To SLA plugin support JQL searching (e.g. in Issue Navigator, Advanced function) on current 'live' SLA timing/overdue value?
Business would like to have a live Jira dashboard to show overdues (e.g. based on JQL filter), and ScriptRunner 'Escalation Service' can solve the issue to send email/report for issues matching a certain JQL which we would like to use until you have some other reporting function built into your plugin.
In attempting some similar SLA function for business myself, it appears that I can only make calculated custom fields searchable as a 'snapshot' at the most recent issue update (e.g. an edit or transition) as the required data is then refreshed in database to make it searchable and indexed. Jira does not appear to have a solution to support JQL against a 'live' value for SLA custom fields for the current status.
Does your TTS plugin have a solution for this problem?
At the moment TTS does not support search feature. But with the 2.0.0 versin (which was released on 05 Aug), I have added a critic step to support search functions for the upcoming versions.
So, I will be working on this feature from next week on, and if no problem occurs, I will try to release that in a month or two.
Thanks for your understanding
Hi Tamir, TTS has now three fields, Time to SLA, Overdue, and SLA Indicator. - Time to SLA field can not be searchable because of indexing (Lucene) mechanism of JIRA. You can check it although it sounds too technical (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/329999/jql-search-without-reindexing) - Overdue field supports JQL - SLA Indicator which shows whether issue meets SLA or not also supports JQL search. Tuncay
Hi Donncha, I think you are asking "exact match" in JQL, and you are trying to get only "NOT MET" issues, but "MET" issues are also being listed by JIRA. There is an issue on JIRA (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-21372) about this exact match.
Hi Tuncay I don't believe it is the exact search that is the problem. The problem is that 'not' is a Reserved word. If you have a filter like SLA Indicator ~ "not met" as 'not' is a reserved word then it is dropped from the search so in effect the search SLA Indicator ~ "not met" and the search SLA Indicator ~ met will always return the same results. This is unfortunate as I would need to be able to filter on issues that have not met the SLA and I can't seem to do so with your plugin. It's a pity because it looks so good otherwise.
OK, it seems that you are right. Actually I implemented it to be MET and EXCEEDED before but a client wanted it to be NOT MET rather than EXCEEDED (https://bitbucket.org/tuncaysenturk/time-to-sla-plugin-for-jira/issue/25/indicator-for-sla-met-or-not-met-after-a) I think I need to change it or at least add a configuration for this.
I still didn´t get to properly use queries. I suggest you prepare a documentation about it, it´s really important to be able to generate reports.
I can do
project = SMArT AND "SLA Indicator" ~ "MET"
But as I try:
project = SMArT AND "SLA Indicator" !~ "MET"
project = SMArT AND "SLA Indicator" ~ "NOT MET"
project = SMArT AND "SLA Indicator" ~ "EXCEEDED"
Nothing works. I´m evaluating your plugin to buy in my company (more than 500 users) as an optionto JIRA Service desk that is far more expensive. But to be able to generate reports like these is very important to me. I appreciate your comments
Hi Amanda, Since "NOT" is reserved and restricted word, you need to change "NOT MET" to "EXCEEDED" or anything else within plugin configuration page. (Admin > Add-ons > Time to SLA > Custom field configuration) But please do not forget that if you change this, you need to reindex in order to get accurate results. By the way, in the upcoming version there will be JQL for "Time to SLA" field as well just like "Overdue" field. Documentation is being processed and will be available in the web soon. Thanks for the feedback Tuncay
Tunkay, this is already set (it came by default and I´ve already perfomed a reindex)
But I still can´t get the results, despite the fact that that are exceeded SLAs
When I perform the query
project = SMArT and "SLA Indicator" ~ "EXCEEDED"
Hi Amanda, That's weird. When you type JQL, it hits JIRA index. And in SLA Indicator index is the same as you see in Issue Navigator. So, you should see the same string in Issue navigator as well as in index. If you are sure that you reindexed then it is potentially a bug, and I will have a check ASAP. Could you please raise an issue on Bitbucket so that we can track it there? Thanks Tuncay
Hi Tunkay, as I continued with tests, I can show you another scenarium so you can see what is happening.
First, I want to filter the issues that EXCEEDED the SLA. As you can see, I don´t see any results
Then, I filter all issues, to see if is there any EXCEEDED, and I find some. I´ll get one as an example
Then, I edit this isse, changing some value, and click on the update button
Then, I execute the same first filter (tha has returned nothing) and now the issue is showed in the results
You see that it only show this issue that I´ve made the update, despite the fact that as you could see in a previous screens, that are more than one issue late
Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs