Does Global Search and Replace plugin replace words in attachments as well?

Richard Lucas October 22, 2012

Hello all,

I am interested in using the following search and replace function:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.ck.confluence.gsr

I cannot seem to find if this will search and replace instances of a word within attachments on a Confluence page, or if it will only search for the text that is actually on the page itself.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2012

Hi there,

I'm sorry to say that I don't believe the Global Search and Replace plugin would be able to edit the contents of files attached to the Confluence page because they require an external editor. For example, a Word document can be opened using the Office Connector but the editing actually occurs in the Office application and an updated version of the document is attached to the page once the editing is completed. Equally, it would require some sort of .PDF editor in order to change the contents of .PDF files attached to Confluence pages, and as this plugin states that it's search is based on the wiki markup of the pages I believe that it is only affecting the content of pages in Confluence and not the contents of any attached files.

All the best,
John

Richard Lucas October 23, 2012

Thank you John.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events