Does Configuration Manager for Jira support Jira Service Desk version 3.8?

Tony Mackin October 3, 2017

Does Configuration Manager for Jira by Botron support copying Jira Service Desk projects?

I'm looking for an add-on to manage copying Jira Service Desk Project configurations (workflows, screens, fields, users, permissions....etc)  from a Development system to a Production system for Jira Service Desk at version level 3.8.

2 answers

2 votes
George Dinkov _Botron_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2018

Hi Tony,

Copying projects from Development to Production is one of the main use-cases supported by Configuration Manager for Jira. You can find details about how this is done here - https://botronsoft.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CMJ/pages/64880745/Move+Projects 

CMJ supports all Jira Core configuration objects associated with the project (including workflows, screens, fields, permissions, etc.). It also supports Jira Software objects (Agile boards). However, the Jira Service Desk specific configuration isn't currently supported (i.e. SLAs, queues, reports, etc.) - this is the main thing we're working on now and we expect to release it in the next few months.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us directly at https://support.botronsoft.com/

Thanks,
George

Brad Taplin April 3, 2018

Hi George - we too would really appreciate that feature, support for JSD as well. Great tool!

Ben Paul May 18, 2018

Hi George, I'm working on a delivery pipeline for Jira Service Desk at the moment, and this functionality would really help us out. Do you have a release date yet?

Regards,

Ben.

George Dinkov _Botron_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2018

Hi Ben,

We'll do a beta in a couple of weeks. If you'd like to give it a try then, drop me an email at george.dinkov [at] botronsoft.com

If everything goes smoothly, the release should be in mid-June.

Thanks,

George

1 vote
Brad Taplin May 18, 2018

Hello. I should note that while CMJ may not yet, we have had some success via

1. Create the full JSD project in the source, except portal customization
2. Use the latest CMJ to snapshot that project
3. Create a "skeleton" basic JSD project in the target
4. User CMJ to deploy the tweaks to that project, carefully merging or overwriting as needed (I always first consider every yellow flag in the analysis step, of course)
5. Fix the JSD-specific elements in the target project, including user licensing and granting Service Desk Users to all agents and of course customizing the portal

Not quite simple, but quicker than rebuilding every screen, field config, workflow...

Tom H June 25, 2018

Hello, is there a location that we can watch for the Service Desk capable version to be announced? This is a very important function for us. It is causing us a lot of unnecessary manual work not having as the export and import process is not usable for us in its current capacity.

Thank you,

Tom

George Dinkov _Botron_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2018

Hi Tom,

You can click the "Watch app" link on CMJ's marketplace listing to get notified about future versions - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211611/configuration-manager-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview 

Thanks,

George

Like Noni Khutane likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events