Documentation

dword October 29, 2012

Hi,

Where can I find a descent documentation for this product? https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JIRAGANTT/JIRA+Gantt-Charts+and+Resource-Planning is not really an option for us since it's not suitable for anything but installation.

Even the simple use case: based on a start date and a estimated work calculated an estimated completion date cannot find any answer.

Thank you for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

Hi dword,

there's no suitable documentation available for the latest version of my Gantt-Chart AddOn for JIRA as such documentation needs a lot of work to be done and people ofter do not read it: that's why duplicate answers can be found here as well. Instead, I receive emails with the related questions and I am answering that fast as I can.

Interpreting your use case above (a question will be more helpful): you have to enable the re-scheduling on the related tab of the plugin's configuration in order to calculate the planned end date. On the same web page, you will find some online-documentation as well. I recommend to add the customfields (planned start/end date, Gantt-Options and baseline start/end dates) to your default screen for verifications as well as manual maintenance.

Regards,
Frank

dword October 30, 2012

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your kick answer. The re-scheduling option was activated be still it was not working. Looking at the issue logs I think I found why.

In my workflow, tickets are *not* estimated when they are created. I've added a specific step for that called "analyzed" where is set the planned start date and the worload estimate.

The thing is that planned start/end are filled when creating the ticket so when comes the time to estimate, those date are already calculated.

I'm creating a new question to track this issue in detail.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events