Displaying Attributes of Linked Objects

I want to be able to display attributes form a referenced object.

As an example:

1. I have a User Object, with attribute "Company" which points to a Company Object.
  2. I have a Company Object, with attribute "Address"

I want to show the User object in a JIRA issue, but show the Address of the company it "belongs" to.

Can this be done?

Regards

Richard

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Richard,

Yes it's possible to show the attributes of the selected object in the custom field, however it's not possible to show the attributes by referenced objects by the object selected.
You can read about how to show attributes at https://documentation.riada.se/display/ICV50/Insight+Custom+Field under the section Configure attributes to show on JIRA view screen

Let us know if this helped you with the configuration.

Best Regards
Alexander

It helps in as much as the answer is "No, Insight can't display attributes of linked/referenced objects, only attributes of the initial object"

Hi Richard,

One workaround could be to use a second custom field of the type reference custom field, which you can read about at https://documentation.riada.se/display/ICV50/Insight+Referenced+Custom+Field 

That field can contain the Company object referenced by the User, and show the attributes for the company object that is of interest to you.

Best Regards
Alexander

Dear Alexander,

Any development in this particular case as for today (Insight v5.5)?

Greets Marek

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Alexander

Is this still avaliable or has a new Workaround been established?

Best regards
Pontus

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

529 views 3 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you