Display tasks of more than one project in a chart

Tobias Knapp February 10, 2013

Hello,

I'm assuming this is somehow possible but I did not manage however to get it work or find further information on this issue.

I need a gantt chart that displays dependencies of tasks over 5 different projects.

I created a filter and inserted it into the gantt gadget but all I got is a blank field. Any setting that needs to be changed in all projects or tasks that are in the filter?

I'd really appreciate your help here. Seems to be a great plugin and I'd like to include it in to the company workflows.

Best regards,
Tobias

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2013

Two possibilities:

• add a gantt-gadget to your dashboard, you can select any JIRA filter you want in order to select issues of multiple projects
  • add customfield named "Gantt-Chart" to JIRA's Issue Navigator (search result) to see embedded Gantt-Chart. On the Issue Navigator you can specify the columns to be displayed and as well as order sequence.

Please ensure that Gantt-Chart is enabled on the projects of your selected issues and that your issues have set planned start date and planned end date (if you can see them on their related project-based Gantt-Chart, they have planning dates set). To test the filter: please use it within JIRA's Issue Navigator and add the additional column "Gantt-Chart".

Regards,
Frank

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events