Display a different field if the first field is Empty

I've created a Kanban board that displays a combination of tickets from a Jira project and a Jira Service Desk project.

Jira Service Desk has a special field called "Organizations" which is locked and cannot be assigned for any other ticket type.

Every other ticket on the system (including Jira Service Desk tickets) has a field called "Customer" that we populate manually.

When displaying issues (specifically on the Kahnban board's Card layout) I wish to display "Organization" if it has a value, or else display "Customer".

I've investigated solutions like:

- displaying both properties (it takes too much real-estate and is distracting seing "None" on every card)

- Creating a custom field (but I cannot find any cloud-supported add-ins for creating a calculated field from two other fields like this situation requires)

- Creating some sort of automation rule to fill in the "Customer" field from the auto-assigned "Organization" field, but the "Organization" field can't even be accessed from service desk automation.

Can any one offer any kind of solution for unifying these fields or displaying them as unified?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

113 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you