Display WBS-Gantt chart in Confluence

Angie Zeller April 17, 2017

I am trying to setup a dashboard view in Confluence and include the WBS-Gantt chart from JIRA, in the dashboard.  I have researched how to do this, with no luck.  Hoping someone has information on how to display this in Confluence. 

2 answers

0 votes
Jenny
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2018

Hi,
This workaround macro is now available at WBS Gantt-chart Public Tracker, Please take a look, and if you have any question, please contact our support desk!

WBS Gantt-Chart Macro for Confluence

Best regards,

Ricksoft

Mark McPartland December 5, 2019

Hi Ricksoft, is there a way to embedded in confluence for Jira Cloud users as well?
As the ability to create Macros in Confluence is not part of their cloud offering.

I've tried to apply a general iFrame macro with the Gantt URL inserted.  It showed up first in preview stage but on publishing it also appeared once, but not anymore, so something a miss there.

Not sure what it would take to create a standard WBS Gantt Macro that users could select from the published list?

cheers

Hanna December 5, 2019

Dear Mark,

As you know, user macro can't be created in Confluence Cloud, so you can't apply to our workaround (https://ricksoft-support.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/WGCE0906/pages/288948225/Is+there+a+way+to+display+WBS+Gantt-Chart+for+Jira+on+the+Confluence+page )

I try to use the iframe macro and apply to WBS Gantt-Chart URL and Gantt view can be viewed on the macro.
My settings are as follows. for your reference.

RS_test_1.pngRS_test_2.png

Please be noted Ricksoft does not support it since it is not a standard feature.

Hanayo,

Paul Schmidt April 20, 2021

I tried to access your macro from the issue tracker, but the access is restricted. Is there a chance to open the access?

Gabriel Quadros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2021

Hello, @Paul Schmidt 

Thank you for bringing this behavior to our attention.

Unfortunately, the page is not open to the public anymore. We did this to avoid any future issues related to this subject since displaying WBS Gantt-Chart on Confluence not being a supported feature.

If you need assistance with our plugins or have any other questions, please contact us anytime at Ricksoft-Support.atlassian.net. I will be happy to help.

We wish you a great day!

Kind Regards,
Gabriel Quadros | Support Engineer
Ricksoft Support Team

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2017

I installed the WBS Gantt plugin on my JIRA test instance and I also could not embed it in a Confluence page. In order for it to work it would have to either be a gadget (in which case, if your JIRA gadget feed is in place, it would show in the list when you add a macro to the Confluence page) or else it would need a "share" URL that could be displayed in the Widget Connector macro. It looks like we are running into a limitation of the product.

You could add a link to the GANTT board to the Confluence page, and users could click through to JIRA to see it.

yuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2017

Hi, Ms Ann Worley,

Thank you for interested our add-on.

You are able to embed the WBS Gantt-Chart as a macro.

We would like to share PDF file to explain about this. However, this page do not allowed to attached the PDF file 

Could you kindly rise the ticket on our support

With warm regards,

Yuki Suzuyama,

Ricksoft,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events