Disable "Enterprise Password Policy for JIRA" for specific group

Robert Olejniczak January 31, 2017

Hi,

I'm evaluating Enterprise Password Policy for JIRA plugin. Documentation says that the functionality can be disabled for users or groups and groups have higher prio. But what about the priority of groups itself?

Usually a user belongs to several groups. At least to users group and some specific project A group for example.

Disabeling the feature only for project group A doesn't show any effect (probably because for group users the feature is still enabled?).

I disabled this feature even for all involved groups and the the user itself but the feature is still active.

Any ideas how to disable this feature for a specific group?

Thanks

Robert

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Bajrak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2017

Hi Robert,

Only JIRA system administrator can skip password policy. Possibility to exclude user or group from password policy is good idea for this plugin. Please create ticket in InTENSO Service Desk and it probably will be added with nearest version of plugin.

P.S.

Pozdrowienia z Wrocławia.

0 votes
Robert Olejniczak January 31, 2017

Just found the answer by myself.

Only the expiring policy can be disabled but not the password policy itself.

I was looking for a solution to disable the password policy for a group and I get it wrong from the docs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events