Disable ability to add work log on tasks

Nelly Matveeva September 19, 2018

Is it possible to set up jira automation trigger to disable the ability to add worklog to the issue if the Time Spent is higher than Original estimate?

I was able to set up the trigger that can send alerts but it would be more efficient if the users were not able to log the time at all. 

Please advise :) 

1 answer

0 votes
andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2018

Hi Nelly,

Sorry, but this is not something we support.  Automation for Jira can't really be used to prevent user actions in Jira's UI.  That part of Jira isn't very pluggable to start with and Automation for Jira is designed to respond to user actions (e.g. by sending an alert like you mentioned) not prevent them.

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any other add-ons in the marketplace that solve this particular case either - hopefully someone else in the community has come across one and will comment here!

Cheers,
Andreas

Nelly Matveeva September 20, 2018

Thanks, Andreas! I did explore the marketplace too and did not find any suitable solutions for this extraordinary case. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events