Difference between Tempo Planner and Timesheet

Hello , I have installed Tempo Timesheet for a few days and I'm considering buying Tempo Planner . I 've seen some tutorials and I've read the documentation of Planner, Planner and Timesheet are very similars . What is the difference , the additional features and benefits that Time Planner has more than Timesheet ? I can program the work of teams and users also in Timesheet . 

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Giovanni,

That's a good question. Tempo Timesheets and Planner are quite different although they have some similar features. Tempo Timesheets is mainly for logging work in JIRA, generating reports on that work, it allows you to manage teams centrally as well as customers and their accounts. It will cover any of your time / work logging needs. It will also allow you to plan on issues to a certain extent. Individuals can make plans for themselves and Team Leaders are also able to plan/allocate (not to be confused with Assignee) for their team members. The planning features of Timesheets are quite limited but will be enough for some use cases.

Tempo Planner on the other hand is a much more comprehensive planning tool. It will allow teams to plan their work in a great planning interface, they can do long term planning on projects and short term planning for individual issue. Sprint planning is a big part of Tempo Planner allowing you to manage sprints (and create sprints without JIRA Agile) and assign issues within sprints to team members based on their actual availability (lots of things can affect a persons availability).

Tempo Planner will also enable you to get a higher level view of your plans, where you can group your teams together into so called Programs. In the program view you can lay out roadmaps for your teams and projects, get an overview plan health and progress as well as insights into the capacity of your teams and when they will be able to take on the next project.

I hope this answer will clarify the difference between the two add-ons.

Best regards,

Albert Hauksson
Tempo Team 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Three tips for boosting your board's efficiency with Story Maps

Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...

839 views 2 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you