Did date comparisons change?

Nathan Chong August 25, 2017

Since the beginning of this week, date comparisons appear to be messed up, which is breaking some of the filters and transition validators used by our organization. Here is one such validator. Notice that the include time part is unchecked, which indicates that the time used on the date in question should be midnight.

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 10.42.02 AM.png

In practice, however, the time used is 4 hours after the current time, and the entered send time is compared as well (even though the validator shouldn't be on the time at all):

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 10.44.22 AM.png(this screenshot was taken at 10:35am)

I can update this validator and our filters without too much trouble, probably, but I'm worried that this is a larger issue with date comparisons that I shouldn't be going around. Help?

Thanks,

Nathan

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 5, 2017

This specific type of validator is provided by the JIRA Suite Utilities plugin for JIRA.   As such I would recommend reaching out to their support regarding this specific problem.

It certainly looks like the use of the "now" expression is forcing a time element to be included in this field.  I am not aware if this function perhaps had a different means to only force a date and not time in previous versions of either that plugin or JIRA itself. 

I would be interested to learn what has changed here recently that might be a factor here, such as an update to JIRA or perhaps an update to the plugin in question.

Nathan Chong September 5, 2017

Oh, I didn't know it was part of the plugin. That's helpful.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events