Developing JIRA plugin

HANSHIN July 9, 2014

Hi all,

I followed this guide on developing plugins in JIRA (https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Set+up+the+Atlassian+Plugin+SDK+and+Build+a+Project) and was successful on setting up the environment and completing the Helloworld sample plugin.

Just some clarifications:

1.) On the C:\atlastutorial\helloworld\target directory is my helloworld-1.0-snapshot.jar is located. Is this the plugin jar file that should be uploaded to JIRA?

1. 1) Does this mean that everytime I make changes from my IDE and execute atlas-run in the console the helloworld-1.0-snapshot.jar builds and will be updated?

2.) Using the latest Atlassian Plugin SDK, is it possible to develop plugins for JIRA version 3.13.5?

If yes, can you please advise steps or share guides on developing plugins for old versions of JIRA.

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

1.) On the C:\atlastutorial\helloworld\target directory is my helloworld-1.0-snapshot.jar is located. Is this the plugin jar file that should be uploaded to JIRA?

Yes

1. 1) Does this mean that everytime I make changes from my IDE and execute atlas-run in the console the helloworld-1.0-snapshot.jar builds and will be updated?

I recommend atlas-cli > pi to reinstall after code change

Using the latest Atlassian Plugin SDK, is it possible to develop plugins for JIRA version 3.13.5?

Whoa!! That's old. I don't know if that's possible. You should be developing version 1 add ons though.

HANSHIN July 10, 2014

Hi Timothy,

Thanks for the response.

Just followup,

Yes Timothy thats really old. Our company is using JIRA for almost 6 years.

Any idea what is the oldest version of JIRA that is catered on the latest Atlassian SDK?

Thanks in advance

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

Nope. Don't know.

Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2014

IIRC, the SDK was first released just before JIRA 5, so I guess JIRA 4 may be the first one supported by the SDK. That doesn't mean that newer versions of the SDK still support it since it's been EOL for quite some time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events