Deleting issues after corresponding timesheet is approved

Adam Langdon September 15, 2015

We are using Tempo Timesheets 7.11 and recently experienced a scenario where an issue with worked logged to it was deleted after that user's timesheet had been approved.  As a result, the approved timesheet now shows less hours than when it was approved.  Is there a way to prevent this without completing restricting the ability to delete issues?

1 answer

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015

You can restrict the ability to delete, using project permissions. It is not recommended to delete issues for this very reason!

Once the issue is deleted, the worklogs are deleted as well.

Albert Hauksson September 16, 2015

@Jobin Kuruvilla [Go2Group] is correct, it is not recommended to delete Issues for this very reason. JIRA Worklogs are tied to Issues and if an issue is deleted, the worklogs will be as well. This is simply how JIRA works in the back. I'm interested to know why you would need to delete an issue, especially one that has work logged on it. Best regards, Albert Hauksson Tempo Team

Adam Langdon September 16, 2015

Thanks for the reply. The issue in question was inadvertently deleted. I wanted to verify whether there was a way to prevent deletion of issues that had worked logged. In some cases for us it is helpful for Project Leads to delete unnecessary issues that are not used for logging work. We have removed delete permissions for all issues and we'll just close these issues when that situation arises.

Troy Johnson December 1, 2015

We recently ran into a similar problem where someone didn't realize that an issue was being used to track time (tagged as an internal issue in Tempo). Is there a way to specify that Internal issues can't be deleted? I'd prefer not to turn off the ability to delete items globally just to prevent this problem. Is there anything that can be done from the Tempo side?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events