Deleting duplicate attachments in bulk

Tim Oldendorf
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2018

I know how to delete attachments, but what I am looking for is a way to identify attachments that are duplicated across my entire Confluence instance.

Over the years, I have had users add attachments to pages that already exist in another page/space on Confluence. And when that document gets updated it doesn't always get updated in the various places it appears. So when a user searches for a form or something, who knows if they are pulling up the most up-to-date quality controlled document. It has become sort of a nightmare to control!

Any recommendations on a good plugin that can accomplish finding these attachments that may be the same and removing them? Or even a way to query this information from the database and then also remove these duplicated attachments? Any help is appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Tim Oldendorf
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2018

any recommendations?

Jan Koprowski October 29, 2019

Hi Tim,

please have a look at the add-on "Extended Attachment Manager" https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217182/extended-attachment-manager?hosting=server&tab=overview

It lists pages were the attachment is duplicate so you can select a "single point of truth".

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events