Default Options Issues

Justin Campo September 8, 2016

I'm having some trouble with your plugin.

1) Does your plugin support having no default options.  When I deleted all default options the plugin will not show up on any issues.  When I added on default option it instantly displayed so I think the reason it did not show was because there were no default options.

2) Can I delete default options from an individual issue.  To get around issue #1 I created a default option.  I am finding that on some issues I do not want the default option.  I can not find a way to delete the default option from the specific issue list.

Thank you for your help

1 answer

0 votes
Yves Riel [Okapya]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 8, 2016

Hi Justin,

1) This is the default behavior that JIRA exhibits with customfields. If the customfield has no value, it is not displayed in the issue detail view. As soon as the field has some value in it, it gets displayed. I guess that Atlassian programmed it that way to get away from clutter.

2) Unfortunately, you can't. Options are meant to be global to all checklists so you cannot remove some from the issue. You could either stop using options and add the items manually at the issue level via bulk import. Or you could also populate the items via a workflow post-function at creation time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events