Dataplane Report Story point by status

Hi all, new SCRUM Master here. I've gotten a grasp on the basics, but I'm looking to start building out reports (utilizing the Dataplane Reports plugin. Could not find a forum specifically for them). However, I'm running into a few difficulties that I just can not seem to wrap my head around. 

My Filter I utilize is: Sprint in openSprints() and Project='TeamX' order by Status. This gives me the current sprint items by status.

Starting with the "Current Issue Statuses" report I can utilize a Vertical grouped bar chart and the customizer script to nicely see 4 bars (Open, In Work, In Review, Resolved) with a specified order. Great. However, the bars height are based of the number of issues in each state, when I'd rather see them based on story points. The goal is to quickly see are most of our points this sprint 'In Work' or done ('In Review' or 'Resolved'. Note I do want those separate though). 

So 1st question: How can I set the 'measurement value' for the X-axis to Story Points and not simply issue count?

Question 2: I tried to set the color, but even though the 4 bars are correctly grouped by Status (Open, In Work, In Review, Resolved) stating 'series "Open" color "red" does nothing. It seems unless I specifically list the 'criteria' in the Segment By I can't change the color. But I can't list it in segment by, as it's already part of the base report I used "Current Issue Statuses".

1 answer

1 accepted

So for others who may attempt to do this. You must select 'Sum Numeric Field' report, with the Issue Field set to 'Story Points'. You can then utilize a Vertical Bar graph segmented by 'Status'. This will group all stories into you 3 or more Status columns (In work, Done, To Do), with the value being based on 'Story Points' (the Issue Field).

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Three tips for boosting your board's efficiency with Story Maps

Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...

849 views 2 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you