[Database Custom Field] Custom Field is not refreshed when using {issutype} parameter in SQL query

Johann NG January 17, 2013

Hi,

In JIRA 5.1.5 we identified a problem of data refresh in Database Custom Field usage in the "Create Issue" pop-up.

Configuration :

We have a Database Custom Field "B" which value is filled by an SQL query. In the WHERE clause we use the {issuetype} parameter and the value from another Database Custom Field "A".

Test Case init :

On the "Create Issue" pop-up, the Issue Type select list is set to "Issue Type 1".

User sets the Database Custom Field "A" to "value A" after that, Database Custom Field "B" is filled automatically with database value.

Test Case :

User change the Issue Type value in the select list to "Issue Type 2". Database Custom Field "A" value doesn't change

Expected behaviour:

Database Custom Field "B" value should be updated accordingly

Result behavour :

Database Custom Field "B" value is cleared but no value is displayed.

If user clicks on "Cancel", then on "Create Issue", then select "Issue Type 2" and finally set Database Custom Field "A" to "value A", Database Custom Field "B" is filled automatically with the expected value.

Is it a real bug or is it the normal behaviour ?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2013

I have opened a bug on this matter on http://bugs.kepler-rominfo.com/browse/DBCF-38 . I was able to reproduce the problem with database custom field A of type autocomplete. With select list it works fine.

I have resolved the problem and the fix will be available in the next version of the plugin (2.1.8), scheduled for release around 31 Jan. Thanks for pointing it out.

Johann NG January 20, 2013

Great job!

Thanks for fixing this bug!

By the way, end-users confirmed that they will use IE8, I will keep them informed about this bug. resolution.

Regards

Johann NG January 23, 2013

Hi Alexandru,

I opened the same bug on IE8 http://bugs.kepler-rominfo.com/browse/DBCF-40.

IE8 compatibility is tricky but I hope that you could fix it because your plugin is great.

That would definitely be an asset compared to others

Regards

Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

Hi Johann,

I have tested the fix also on IE8 and it works ok, so no worry for compatibility. I marked the issue as resolved.

Johann NG January 23, 2013

Thanks Alexandru,

I'll wait for the next release.

Johann NG January 28, 2013

Hi Alexandru,

Do you know when the Database Custom Field plugin new release will be available?

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2013

This I can answer myself. We're preparing a release around 8th of February ....

Johann NG January 28, 2013

Great! Thanks for the info Radu.

0 votes
Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2013

Hi Johann,

What version of Database Custom Field plugin are you using and on which browser?

Hi Alexandru,

Thanks for your work on this plugin.

I tested on Chrome with the following jar versions :

databasecf-2.1.7.jar

katl-commons-2.0.10.jar

The end-user would probably use IE8 too.

Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2013

Can you please give more details regarding the 2 fields configuration? Both fields A and B are of type select list with flags Multiple Values and Add None option unchecked? Do they have any children fields set? Do they have any other dynamic parameters in the query, beside field B having field A and issuetype as query parameters?

From where are you accessing the create issue popup (view issue/dashboard/navigator)?

I tried your test case on Jira 5.1.5 with databasecf 2.1.7, but couldn't reproduce the problem. Database Custom Field "B" value was updated accordingly when changing the issue type in the create issue dialog.

Here are the configurations :

Database custom field A :

Type of Custom Field : Autocomplete

Multiple Values : no

Child Custom Field : yes

No dynamic query used

No default value configured

Database custom field B :

Type of Custom Field : Select List

Multiple Values : no

Add None Option : no