Dashboards - Filter Control Gadget OR filters together instead of AND

Roberto L
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018

Hello Community,

I am working with Dashboards and I have run into something rather frustrating.

I am utilizing Rich Filters, I set them up, add static filters, dynamic filters, etc, put them on a Dashboards using the Rich Filter gadgets and then I start viewing my data.

My overall JQL Filter is blank, which provides me with all my information in Jira.

I have realized that once I click a filter in the Filter Control Gadget, my data is further filtered down to whatever the static filter I hit has.

For example, since my main filter is blank if I hit "Stories" that will return me all of the stories in Jira.

What I want to do is to be able to hit "Stories" and at the same time hit static filter In Scope (whos filter is: issuetype = Epic AND resolution != Done).

When I hit this, my dashboard goes blank.

I am assuming its because Jira appends the filters together with an AND.

So the JQL formed after hitting those two filters is

issuetype = Story AND (issuetype = Epic AND resolution != Done). Such JQL wont return anything because there is no such thing to return that matches that characteristics.

Is there anyway to tell Jira to add an OR instead of an AND when multiple filters are selected.

I want to see all the stories as well as my In Scope Epics.

Thank you!

-Robeto

2 answers

1 vote
Dan Mihalache _Qotilabs_ March 21, 2022

Hi Roberto,

I've just discovered this post. If someone is still interested, Rich Filters provides a Labs Feature which can be useful for this use case. The feature is called Quick Filters ModeAllow Rich Filter quick filters to be ORed together instead of ANDed.

Labs.png

Once you enable this feature, for each rich filter, you can decide if you wish quick filters to be ANDed or ORed. RF-Advanced Options.pngQuick filters mode.png

Maybe this can be of help.

Best regards,
Dan

0 votes
Sarah Wright June 13, 2023

Is quick filters on the roadmap for Data Center? I have similar use cases which this could solve for.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events