DBCF kepler-rominfo - Datebase Free text searcher

Olivier Albertini April 9, 2015

Hi

I have a field "Site", this field is "Database Free text searcher

I did a reindex when I changed to Database Free text searcher.

When I write in the field : "example" (for a search issue), The system finds nothing. 

When I write "example", he find all issues.I think that is Database Exact text searcher, no ?

Any help would be appreciate !

1 answer

0 votes
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2015

Hi Olivier,

If you're using DBCF customfields in the issue navigator to filter some issues, you need the exact text searcher. If this is not the case, please update your question and I'll try to give you the answer you're looking for.

Regards,

Silviu

So if I change "Database Free text searcher" to "Database Exact text searcher". I make a reindex and I go to Issue navigator and I filter using DBCF customfield. I set "exampl", I should have all issue with the value "example" ?

I did it but now it's case sensitive with "Database Exact text searcher" ... With "Database Free text searcher" it's not case sensitive but we need to know the exact words

Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2015

That's right. You need the exact words for exact text searcher.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events