Custom field config corrupted when using Copy Project builtin script

Matt Johnson February 28, 2013

We've seen an issue where the configuration of a custom field becomes corrupted when using the Copy Project builtin script of the Script Runner plugin. Twice it has happened where a project was copied using the script and the configuration for one of our custom fields was changed to reference another field, which caused users to be unable to create new issues in projects using that custom field. The fix is detailed here, but the question is what is the script doing when it updates the configuration that is causing the field to reference a different fieldconfiguration from when it was created?

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2013

I don't believe I have seen this... does it happen reproducibly, ie if you copy the same project again will it screw it up?

If so any chance you could get me an anonymised copy of your database xml?

Matt Johnson March 11, 2013

Hi Jamie, sorry for the delay in responding. We've worked with Atlassian and they've found that in our database there are two different values for the FieldConfigScheme and FieldConfiguration ID's in the database. In typical JIRA instances these values would be the same, but in some they are different (they don't know why). For example, we may have FieldConfigScheme with an ID of 12810, but the corresponding FieldConfiguration ID is 12910.

When the Copy Project script is run does it check for both in case they're different?

I'll work on getting the database xml to you as well.

Thank you,

MJ

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2013

Hi Matt... I've finally reproduced this: https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-213 . Will be fixed in next released version. I mean, it works for me when the IDs are different, but at worse it won't modify anything if it can't do it safely.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events