Custom User Pickers plugin- doesn’t giving option to select users or groups

VenugopalY January 3, 2013

Hi,

I have installed Custom User Pickers plugin. I added new filed (2. Project Roles or Groups User Picker) But this doesn’t giving option to select users or groups… for this feature. Is am missing something?

We are looking for a custom field where users and groups can pick from Auto search.

Regards,

Venu.(vyadav@rambus.com)

5 answers

1 vote
Rusul September 26, 2013

From System >> General Configuration >> Configure advances user pickers
You will get the Administrator page

0 votes
ahmet tetik February 6, 2015

hi,

thank you.

0 votes
VenugopalY January 18, 2013

Any one please let us know. Is there any good plugin or option to select users + groups under one Custom Field?

0 votes
derya yasa atalay January 17, 2013

Hi,

Any Update ?

d.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

Hi Venugopal,

Make sure you have Browse User permission

1. Go to Administration -> Global Permissions

And check if Browse Users permission is available to the user role you are trying to access the custom field with.

Hi Bhushan,

Yes, I have enabled Browse permissions for all users under Global Permissions. Not sure what missiing. View users show complete list of users.

Browse Users
Ability to select a user or group from a popup window as well as the ability to use the 'share' issues feature. Users with this permission will also be able to see names of all users and groups in the system.
  • sg_cad_jira_developers
  • sg_cad_jira_users
  • jira-users
  • jira-developers

And i added new custom filed Multi User Picker. With this i can able to auto search users to pick(select).

But with this filed i cant search for group, so looking for a one custom filed to select users and groups(Multiple).

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

Hi Bushan,

Your suggested custom filed "User Group Picker" will enable to select users from group. My requirement is Custom filed can slect users like user1 user2 etc... and group1 group2 etc. Please advise.

Venu

VenugopalY January 7, 2013

Hi Bushan,

Any update?

derya yasa atalay January 17, 2013

Hi,

any update ?

d.

Tukaram Bhukya [L&T INFOTECH] July 8, 2014

hi all, i'm using jira 6.1.5 and IE8 ,its didn't popup user pickwindow but when i try it with chrome browser it works fine.

Could any one have any suggestion on this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events