Custom Fields on a Linked Issue is updated based on field value of Original Issue

Cody Riddell September 26, 2017

Ahoy!

I have a custom field called 'Companies' used on Help Desk and Programming projects that is originally from a 3rd party plugin. I want to be able to have the Custom Field (Company) on a linked Issue updated based on the field value from Original Issue 

In a scenario:
A JIRA Help Desk issue is created.
A link is created and the attachments, description, summary and reporter are copied to a new JIRA Software Issue (separate project).
I want to be able to also sync the original Company from the original Help Desk Issue, to the newly created linked Software Issue. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nick Menere
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2017

Hi Cody,

Sync'ing is our bread and butter and should be pretty quick to do.

You need to set up a rule with the following:

• Create a Global rule
  • Add a "Field Value changed" trigger and listen for changes to Companies
  • Add a Condition to check that the project is the Service Desk
  • Branch the rule for linked issues
  • Copy the value from the trigger issue

It should like this:

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 11.32.47 am.png

Though you said that the field is from a 3rd party. You may need to set this via More Options -> Additional fields and figure out the JSON format of it.

If you can let me know what the field is and from what add-on, I'll see if I can figure it out.

Cheers,

Nick

Cody Riddell September 27, 2017

Hi Nick, 
Thanks for the follow up on this issue!  
I have followed your instructions and believe a JSON format will need to be used in this scenario. 

The third party is called: Atlas CRM

The field is called "Company". 
(Mind you, I am not 100% certain on this. It does work when using "Company" in the JQL search)
 Screenshot below for is the approach I am using: 
2017-09-27_16-42-58.png

Sysad January 27, 2021

Hi @Nick Menere 

I have a similar requirement, can you please help?, we have the automation add-on

Project A- Servicedesk project

Project B - Software project

Field - Program Type

Both projects are linked via Relates to 

Whenever program type is changed in either project's issues, another project issue should also get updated. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events