Custom Field for searching

Milan Rusek May 28, 2012

Hi!

How can I set a computed custom field for searching? Is it possible to do in JIRA? Does exist anything for this?

In example I want to filter all issues which have count of devices>5. I have written the following SIL script in custom field:

string sqlSelect;
string[] sqlResult;
number count;
count = 0;
if (isNotNull(customfield_10221))
{
  sqlSelect = "SELECT count(*) as c FROM device_user INNER JOIN user_account ON device_user.user_id = user_account.id WHERE user_account.login='" + customfield_10221 + "'";
  sqlResult = sql("myDS", sqlSelect);
  count = getElement(sqlResult, 0);
} 
return count;

Milan

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2012

Mmm, I really wouldn't run database queries like that - you could end up putting a massive load on the database as the queries execute repeatedly - every time a user looks at an issue!

What you should do is write a custom field plugin in java, work out the results using the API (and not the database), and then enable a numeric searcher for it. This actually gives you more flexibility than you have because the user gets to define the filter (i.e. they can say "devices >5" or "devices <10 and devices >5" and so on)

Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA040/How+to+create+a+new+Custom+Field+Type#

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events