Current dir in Script Runner

Holger Buhr February 29, 2016

Hi,

I want to open a file in the same dir as the calling script:

new File("config.groovy")

It is not found because it´s not in D:\JIRA, which is my dev install dir. The sources are in another dir, D:\Development\JIRA and are set in sentenv.bat.

The production system is linux, so I can´t hardcode any paths.

new File(".").getCanonicalPath() resolves to D:\JIRA

What can I do to load that file?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2016

You should use something like:

this.class.getResource("config.groovy").text

getResource will use the classloader to return a URL which is just a pointer to a resource. Then we are just loading the content doing .text

Sometimes you don't know the absolute/relative path or is different on other platforms, so specifying a resource from the classpath to be loaded is useful.

ok, this works, i´m new to Java and Groovy, what am I doing there exactly?

adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2016

Have updated the answer with more details.

this.class is coming from the fact that every script is compiled into the main class and extended from object?

adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 29, 2016

this.class just gets the current class which has access to the classloader associated with that class. Both files are on the classpath so it works.

We could have done MyClass.class.getResource("config.groovy").text which would have given the same.

If you search online theres a ton of information about this if you want further details.

What i meant is this:

http://groovy-lang.org/structure.html#_script_class

Then you have have the this context and could call class. If I got that right :o

I want to use

this.class.getResource("config.groovy").text
with the ConfigSlurper, but I don´t know how to put that in there, any idea?
def config = new ConfigSlurper()
config.parse(this.class.getResource("config.groovy").text) throws an exception
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 29, 2016

We can't guess what the exception is... can you tell us?

Ah sure, sorry:
http://pastebin.com/pbDphq9y

Created a second question about that topic, but I can´t find it anymore. sad

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 29, 2016

I answered the other question on this topic you created, so let's end this thread here...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events